Hello all you Sun-kissed Souls
Today I will be sharing some things you can do if you ever find yourself in the beautiful city of Cape Town, not being biased but It’s my favorite city and a place you must add to your bucket list I promise you, you won’t be disappointed.
Let’s Begin your adventure packed list of things to do in Cape Town in the Summer.
- Table Mountain – A cable car trip up to Table Mountain or if you like hiking you can do the famous Skeleton Gorge-hike which are increasingly steep stairs all the way to the top of the mountain. Then if you really looking for some adventure you can abseil down the mountain too.
- Hike Up Lions Head– It’s popular trail not very difficult taking about an hour and a half up and about an hour down but this hike promises the best views of all the city, oceans and mountains. This hiking trail gets busy day and night and especially popular when it’s a full moon. if you around add the full moon hike to your list or a sunrise hike if you an early riser. I have done both and it’s a great experience.
- Signal Hill – A popular spot to have sunset picnic watch paragliders and see phenomenal views. If you looking for adventure you can paraglide down from the hill to the Seapoint.
- Seapoint Promenade– This a popular running spot for all your fitness junkies but its a great walk along the ocean even if you not into fitness. You can also hire vitality bikes and cycle along the promenade. If you in the mood to swim you can take a dip in the ocean or the go to the public pools if the ocean is not your idea of fun.
- Clifton Beach – If you keep heading along the cost from Seapoint you will find Cape Towns famous Clifton Beach. There are 4 stretches of beach named Clifton 1-4. My favorite is Clifton 2 but they all are amazing wherever you decide to set up for the day of sunbathing and swimming.
- Camps Bay– Another popular beach where you can relax in the sun all day. Or visit one of the many amazing beach bars and restaurants along the Camps Bay strip.
- Boulders Beach– while we still discussing beaches head over to view the penguins at Boulders. The colony has been there for decades and they are so cute to watch and even swim with.
- Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve– Cape Point, a World Heritage Site, and protected Nature Reserve is an area of vast natural beauty, world renown for its natural vegetation and rich biodiversity. There are many picnic spots, paths on which one can set off on foot or mountain bike, and tidal pools on almost isolated beaches. for you to discover.
- Muizenberg Beach– I know another Beach but if you planning a trip in the summer you must come to this Iconic beach with the colourful beach houses. If you ever wanted to learn how to surf this beach is the spot click here to find out more about the surf lessons offered at this beach.
- Eden on the Bay – This is a beautiful stretch of beach where Kite Surfing and windsurfing is the sport to try. It also hosts the best views of Table mountain and a host of excellent restaurants and cocktail bars.
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens – Acclaimed as one of the great botanic gardens of the world. Few gardens can match the sheer grandeur of the setting of Kirstenbosch, against the eastern slopes of Cape Town’s Table Mountain. A great spot for a picnic or lazy afternoon. A great alternative if the beach is not your thing. This time of year they also host the Kirstenbosch Summer Sunset Concerts. One of my personal favorite things to do, pack a picnic and enjoy some live South African music with amazing views. Check out the line up here.
Here you have my 11 adventure packed ideas and places to visit if you find yourself in Cape Town in the summer or planning a trip in the future.
Let me know which items on this list you want to do in the comments below. I hope you all are enjoying your holiday season no matter how you are spending it remember to be thankful around this time of year. Have the best time and don’t forget to keep up to date with me on all my socials to see how I am making the most of my second summer this year.
Peace Love and Happiness.
1 thought on “11 Things To do in Cape Town in the Summer.”
Great post! Planning in going to Cape Town, and you gave lots of ideas in what to do there.