Hello all you Beautiful Sun-kissed Souls
Just like that, it’s goodbye Summer and hello Autumn it’s the time to fall in love with yourself. (see what I did there haha)
It’s a new month and welcoming a new season too I am trying to focus on the battlefield of the mind this month. I have been reading the Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer. For those that do not know her, she is world Famous Best Selling Christian book Author, Pastor, Missionary, Business Owner. Women, Mother, Wife and most importantly a Woman of God. I will give you my feedback on this book once I finish it.
This year on my wellness journey I have learned to be more mindful, loving to myself and grateful. The power of the mind is unbelievably powerful and once we can learn how to master our thoughts correctly the opportunities in life are endless.
I find we put our own limitations on what we are capable of doing and who we can be. Just because our internal voices are telling us, we are not good enough, or we need to worry ourselves sick, or it feeds us with irrational fears and negativity. First, it’s normal to be nervous about certain things and have a little bit of doubt about something. I am a firm believer of listening to yourself, your gut feeling or sixth sense, but the minute those self-sabotaging, negative thoughts and voices come to play that’s when you need to shut it down and counter attack it with positive thoughts.
Something that helps me with my mind is limiting my social media intake or being strict on the type of media I am consuming. This will really help shape your mind positively if you see more positive things more often and listen to more positive things to help you shape your mind and thoughts. I have been listening to podcasts for the last year or so and they truly do help me learn and keep my mind on the right track.
Last week I asked if you guys were interested in the Podcasts I listen to on my InstaStory and I got an overwhelming yes response. I hope some of these can help you navigate through the world of Podcasts. I have broken it down into three catogories Self development and advice, Business and Spiritual and Philosphical,
HERE ARE MY TOP PICKS
Self Development and Advice
1. Lady Lovin – These three awesome boss babes have become my friends while I am cooking or on my daily commute. For all things girl talk I would highly recommend these babes.
‘Lady Lovin’ is your source for female empowerment. Jilly Hendrix, Greta Titelman, and Lo Bosworth tackle a variety of topics from Relationships and Sex, to Health & Wellness to Business and Start-Ups. Join the convo every Monday on iTunes!”
2. The Good life Project– This Podcast is really thought-provoking brings light to interesting stories and concepts and sharing it all in an authentic way.I turn to this Pod when I may be feeling low or I just need to hear something inspiring or learn something new.
“Every week, we share inspirational, intimate and disarmingly-unfiltered conversations about living a fully-engaged, fiercely-connected and purpose-drenched life. From iconic world-shakers like Elizabeth Gilbert, Brene Brown, Sir Ken Robinson, Seth Godin and Gretchen Rubin to everyday guests, every story matters.”
3.Couples Therapy– Casey and Candice, if you are into YouTube as much as I am these two names, should ring loud bells. This is a new podcast I have added to my list. What I love about it is you get to hear more about these two amazing people doing great things respectively but also stepping out the video edits to showcase their raw uncut or with not much editing how their relationship works.
“You’re used to seeing Casey Neistat share his own experience through his famous YouTube video series. But now, listen to Casey and his wife Candice discuss candidly the ups and downs of their marriage, friendship, parenting, and lives in the YouTube spotlight”
4.Think Grow Podcast -Another great motivating and inspiring pod especially good to listen to other people in the creative industry share their stories.
“ThinkGrowProsper is my way of connecting with and supporting insightful, creative and ambitious people just like you.
ThinkGrowProsper became a community for people looking for daily inspiration and resources for designing a life they love. ”
5.Unquilified– This is a Hilarious candid podcast by Anna Faris. She has some amazing Hollywood guests we all know and love on her show each week. She and her guests attempt to listen to normal people like us and answer some of our everyday relationship problems and gives like she says: ” her unqualified advice.”
“NOT-SO-GREAT RELATIONSHIP ADVICE FROM COMPLETELY UNQUALIFIED HOLLYWOOD TYPES.”
Business, Entrepreneurial Advice and Insider Hacks
7.The influencer Podcast – I recently started getting more into social media and blogging and trying to navigate through this space on my own is very hard, Until I came across this Gem filled with so much goodness and for free. Highly recommend this for anyone wanting to learn anything and everything in regard to navigating through the online social space.
“An innovative Podcast that explores the secrets behind the ever changing trends of influencer marketing. it takes you behind the scenes with successful influencers, bloggers and industry elites in conversation to share how they engage, persuade and grow their unique influence.”
Spiritual and Philosphical
8. Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversations – This is a no-brainer but new Pod for me I enjoyed watching clips of her Super Soul Sunday show and then started listening to this pod. It’s a great way to hear more authentic stories especially around topics like spirituality and religion where mainstream media may steer away from.
“Discover and connect to the deeper meaning of the world around you with SuperSoul. Hear Oprah’s personal selection of her interviews with thought-leaders, best-selling authors, spiritual luminaries, as well as health and wellness experts. All designed to light you up, guide you through life’s big questions and help bring you one step closer to your best self.”
9. Joyce Meyer Ministries – Joyce is such a strong faithful woman of God who has overcome many obstacles in her life and she preaches from a real authentic heart. Whenever I feel like I need the word of God spoken over me I tune into one of her messages it really gives me that extra boost of inspiration I need for my day.
“Sharing Christ and loving people.”
10. Bonus Pod I joined the Mindspo membership– Here the owners of this Meditation school Rochelle and her Partner Chris have this membership portal where it goes deeper into all things wellness and self-development. They often share podcasts with the members talking about all things wellness and meditation and how to live your best life by being your best self.
If you made it this far you may be wandering if I made a mistake with my numbering it says 13 in the heading but there are only 10 here.
For an extra 3 truly great Podcasts to add to your queue head on over to my latest Instagram post and comment you came from my blog.
Happy Podcasting and let me know your favorites down below always happy to add more to my ever growing list.
Peace, Love and Happiness